Saturday, May 31, 2008

Catching Up

Time just flies by! I can't believe it is the end of May. It went by so fast I don't really remember it. That's starting to become a pattern for me.....life with toddlers, I guess. I also think it's a sign that I need to slow down a bit. So I got out my Control Journal and updated it. (find out more about control journals at Flylady.net) That felt good. I wrote out all my new lists, and finally finished my section for babysitters. My sitters can now flip to this part of the page to get instructions for how to put our kids down for naps/bed, emergency numbers, how to work the electronics, and any other special instructions. What a relief! I also hired a housecleaner. That's something I never thought I would do, since I enjoy cleaning. But with Wes working extra hours, I just can't keep up. She's coming for 2 hours a week, and I get to go play with our boys and come home to a clean house. It was nice, I will definitley get used to it!
Now the newest thing that's consumed all my time.....potty training. Something I have been dreading for awhile. But now that I have dived in, I am learning that's it's not as big of a deal as I thought. I have found a method I love. It's from my paarenting bible, "The Power of Positive Parenting." I also picked up a little potty chart at Utah/Idaho Supply. It has reuseable stickers on it, and Kolton got pretty excited. He went potty immediately after we explained how the stickers worked. He's done really well' I'm very proud of him. It's starting to click, although mostly I'm taking him to the potty before he asks most of the time. He's kept his underwear dry pretty well, except when we leave home, and when he sleeps. He also hasn't go the pooping thing yet either. All in all, I think he's done wonderfully, considering I started Wednesday night, and then the housecleaner came Thursday, so we were out (and he went potty once while we were out!) Hopefully we will have it down pat in the next week or two, and in the meantime I will have to adjsut my schedule a little so I can make sure I'm home as much as possible. I will have to post a pic soon of Kolton in his big boy underwear. Thanks everyone for all your advice and support with potty training; I asked everyone under the sun about it. Once again, my OCD habit of having to know everything I possibly can about something before I try it.


We also went to my cousin's wedding today. Of course, it brought back so many memories of our own wedding day, and how lucky I am to be Wes's wife. He's such an amazing person, and I feel so blessed and lucky to get to be with hime forever (I pinch myself every day!). I love going to temple weddings, and listening to the advice and words from the sealers, and also watching the sealing itself. It's such a beautiful reminder of why we're here, and what really matters. I feel so blessed to have the gospel in my life, and for our beautiful, sweet, amazing family we've started. I love the quote, "We may not have it all together, but together we have it all." It's so true, at least for our family. We get busy with life, and things can turn into chaos pretty quickly. But within the chaos we get to experience all those special little moments, moments that make life heaven on earth. Moments that I will cherish forever. I'm grateful I got to remember that today. Congratulations, Hilary and Brian! We love you!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...