Friday, May 9, 2008

Getting in the habit

The blog bug has bitten me again lately. I guess I haven't written in awhile because I am so computer illiterate that every time I try to add something, edit something, or even save something, everything goes wrong and I quit. But as I was sitting at my mom's house listening to my dad, little sister, and little brother explain to me what the difference was between bytes, kilobytes, megabytes, and gigabytes (I hope I got them all in there), I decided that it was time to get a little more compter savvy. It makes me feel really old to admit how little I know about computers. Hopefully I will pick up on it fast.
Wes had the day off today. It was so wonderful. We slept in (which I never do - I'm usually not able to fall back asleep once I'm awake), brought the boys in our bed for a snuggle, and just spent time together most of the day. We ran errands together.....well, errand. After Wal-Mart Wes and the boys were ready to go home for lunch. We also lucked out and got the boys sleeping together at the same time. Then, I got to show my hubby my cute little sprouts in my garden. I've got sugar snap peas, chard, spinach, tomatoes, and 4 kinds of lettuce back there right now. I'm excited to get on late spring/summer planting. So today we planted potatoes. I hope I did it right. I have to admit I'm a little nervous about them, and it's the first time I've really worried about my gardening because up until this point, I've been able to follow what others have done. I had to tweak this one a little, so cross your fingers for me. I also got some strawberries from my aunt Fay and they are in my front yard. They are doing beautifully, and I can't wait until they get big enough to grow some yummy berries for me!
Anyway, after the potatoes, Wes wanted to wash the cars, and I wanted to continue on with my yard. so we went our seperate ways for awhile. Then, I joined him in the garage, which is my rabbits' temporary home right now. Watching my first litter of baby bunnies grow has been so amazing! Five weeks ago they looked like little rats, but today they are darling little balls of fur, each with their own little look and personality. I have always loved animals - it's a passion of mine actually - and I feel so lucky to be married to someone who loves that about me. I also think that Kolton shares in my passion - we'll see what happens as he gets older.
After the boys woke up, my family dropped by, and all the babies (my 2 and my mom's 3) ran around the front yard chasing the chickens. It's so fun watching them all grow up together; they are so lucky to have each other.
I love days like today. There's always laundry, cooking, cleaning, etc. But something about spring makes me want to be outside in the sunshine all the time. Those things still get done, but I find myself longing to get outside whenever I'm not. I guess spring is oficially here for me!
Well, I'd better turn in. Tomorrow will be a fun, but long day. My sexy volleyball-playing husband is playing in a 2 on 2 tournament tomorrow. I love watching him play, but it takes more and more energy to do so as our family grows. Hopefully they will grow to love being active and outside as much as we do. I can't wait for the day that we can all play volleyball together, or go snowshoeing or climbing as a family.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

You sound like you had a wonderful day. I enjoyed having you over tonight, and I can't wait to read about your family on your blog!!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...