Sunday, May 11, 2008

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY

I just wanted to wish every mom out there a Happy Mother's Day. I love Mother's Day. Even before I was a mom. I guess because I have always loved my own mom so much!
Anyway, I can't resist sharing the beautiful thing my sweet hubby did for me today. We rushed out the door to church, and we were going to a Mother's Day brunch with my family, so he knew I wouldn't want breakfast today. He handed me a card (which was also very sweet and romantic) and it had a list in it:

Day After Mother's Day Agenda
8:00am Wake up and snuggle husband in bed
9:00 Breakfast in bed - Crepes with strawberries and whipping cream
9:30 Play with Kolton and Micah
10:00 Shower together while kids watch movie
11:00 Shopping for clothes - $100 to spend. Eat anything you want for lunch.
2:00pm Get flowers at nursery
4:00 Tanning on the way home
5:00 Come home to a clean house and get ready to go out with husband
6:30 Dinner with husband
8:30 Relieve babysitter
10:00 Husband/Wife time!

Rules for the Day
1. No cleaning
2. No helping with boys
3. No running errands
4. Enjoy yourself!
5. Have an awesome day! You deserve it!

Isn't my husband amazing?! He always knows how to make me feel extra special. I love my kids, so I probably will want to be with them more tomorrow than my "agenda" allows. But the reason he's done this is because in our quest to pay off our student loans as quickly as possible, he has picked up 2 extra days at work, so I can never get everything done, let alone do anything enjoyable or have time for myself. I don't worry too much about it - I do what I can. But it's hard - I miss my husband, and I don't have much time. The blessing is that it's really made us stronger. Working together so hard for something has really brought us so much closer. I love and appreciate him so much! He works so hard, and he never complains. He gets home and jumps right in and helps me with whatever I'm doing. He never forgets to give me a hug and kiss when he gets home. He just gives more and more all the time. I love my husband, my boys, my family, my life!
I also love my own mother. I couldn't have picked a better example to follow with my own children. My mom is the most loving, compassionate, wise, fun, warm and fuzzy person you could ever know. I don't think I've ever met anyone who doesn't like her. She is amazing! I hope I grow to be more like her as I get older. What an example of Christlike love and service she is! She is strong too - in every sense of the word. She has a very strong connection with the Lord as well, one that I work hard to acquire every day. She's taught me to listen more to the whisperings of the spirit, and that sometimes you really have to follow the spirit in blind faith that you're feelings are right. I am so grateful of that spiritual wisdom she has, and I hope one day I will posses that gift she has for listening to the Lord.
Today, we went to celebrate with our moms, and my mom had gifts for all of us! She said she wanted to do something a little different this year. The past couple of years before that, she wrote beautiful, heartfelt letters to each of us, telling us how glad she was to be our mom, and why she loved each of us. It made me feel so special. She is always reminding me in her own sweet ways what a gift it is to be a mom. I feel so blessed to have her, and to be a mom myself. Thanks mom! Thanks to my wonderful husband too! I love you both so much!
Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there. You truly are angels.

2 comments:

Stacey said...

What a fun schedule! I hope you are having a wonderful day, you deserve it.

Madsen Family said...

Fun blog! You are an amazing mom and I am happy I've had the chance to get to know you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...