Saturday, June 7, 2008

We Love Ryan Shupe and the Rubberband!

We went to the Ryan Shupe and the Rubberband concert last night. It was their new CD launch party. It was definitely a welcome reward for potty training this week. (Thanks to Sarah and Ryann for babysitting all five toddlers on such short notice!) The concert was awesome, as usual! I love how we've gone to so many of their concerts, but they are always different, funny, and entertaining. I really think they are one of the best at their craft. They really wail! I remember when I first fell in love with their music. They came to my guitar class in high school, and they were doing all kinds of crazy stuff, and tons of improv. I thought they were amazing musicians. I've seen many concerts since that day, and I've loved every one of them!
About halfway into the concert, they ran into the middle of the audience, where they had sound equipment waiting, and played a few songs right beside us. It was fun to watch them from that close. Especially the drummer, who was playing the cahoun (I don't know how to spell it), which is a box that makes all different tones of drumming sounds. Way cool! They teased that everyone behind them was now officially "backstage." Everyone laughed of course. You can never sit through one of their concerts without laughing through the whole thing. Also, while they were up here, they called a Craig from the audience, and he got down on one knee and proposed to his girlfriend! It was crazy! Of course she said yes, and they teased that they would always have two tickets sold because these guys would come back every year and have to celebrate their anniversary. It was cute. Congratulations whoever you are! It made me think back to when Wes and I were dating. We first held hands at one of their concert almost five years ago! I can't believe that much time has passed since we started dating. I still have to pinch myself sometimes to make sure we're really married. I'm so lucky, and so in love! I love you, Babe!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...