Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Catching Up....

I haven't blogged in awhile. Part of it is because my camera is temperamental and deletes pictures the same day I take them. I like having pictures on my posts, but I am mad at my camera so I haven't been using it. The other part is because I've been sick. Or so I thought, but now I think it's hayfever. I haven't had hayfever in years, but I guess it's because of all the weeds growing wild out here everywhere. As if it didn't drive me nuts already! Oh well, at least I've figured out why I feel so awful and can't seem to recover.
On a lighter note, we've had a pretty good week (or two, or however long it's been since I've blogged). I finally chopped my hair, which really surprised me. I've had short hair before, but I don't think I've cut more than a couple inches at a time since I got pregnant with Micah. I do love my haircut (thanks Celest!) but I will admit that I definitely miss my long hair. I think because I could get by easier without doing it. But the short hair's a nice change for me. Celest tried to talk me in to keeping my long hair, I think because she didn't want to be responsible for any remorse I have. But really, I do like it better, especially for right now.
Something funny that happend was that I traded bike trailers. My old, used one sagged in the middle. It didn't bother me, but Wes would go crazy about it! It absolutely drove him nuts. So I told him I would sell it and get a different one. I posted it on KSL and actually profited from it - I got more than I paid for it! Then, another turn of luck, Wal-Mart marked the bike trailers down for clearance, so I got a brand-new trailer for $5 more than mu old, used one. The new one is way better. I'm glad the old one bugged Wes so much so I could get the new one. Thanks, honey.
Micah cut 3 teeth, and the 4th and 5th ones are right there. You can guess how much sleep we've been getting. Poor little guy. I think his thumbsucking is getting worse with all the teething, and his teeth are starting to move. If anyone knows how to stop a 1-year-old from sucking his thumb, please let me know. He's such a cute little guy, and I don't want him to get too attached to it. I sucked mine all the way up until I got my headgear. In my sleep. I hated it. Lucky for me, the headgear finally helped me quit. I don't want that for him on any level!
Kolton's potty training is going well. He woke up dry from bedtime and naptime a few times lately. He's pooped once. He's still scared of the "snakes" in the potty. He doesn't want to make one. I'm not too worried about it. I think he'll get sick of poopy pull-ups and underwear pretty soon. He's such a bright little boy. I'm working on teaching him my phone number. I'm doing my first Brite party next week, and I thought it would be good if he came knowing some of the things the music teaches. He really loves the Safety Kids CD. I think that's his favorite.
Wes played in another volleyball tournament on Saturday, and he's playing again on the 4th. I will try to get some pictures of my sexy volleyball playing husband. He makes me want to play too. I need to get on that one. And I really need to go climbing. I'm really craving it.
Well, I guess that's all for now. If I get really ambitious this week I will get blogging with pictures again. I love summer, but I didn't realize how busy it is with kids. It's really fun! Being out in the sunshine, watching fireworks, playing in the water.....Happy fun in the sun everyone!

1 comment:

Stacey said...

congratulations on your dog! Australian Shepherds are so smart! I'm excited to see her.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...