Thursday, August 7, 2008

The Rest of the Story....

So...Bear Lake turned out okay after all. Better than okay, actually. I got some much-needed rest at home, and the boys slept practically all of Monday and Tuesday until we left on Tuesday afternoon to head back up. We got up there, visited, and went to the pool. Micah hated to pool, but Kolton loved it! Kolton, Nate, Josh, and Hallie all took turns jumping off of the side of the kiddie pool. It was adorable. There's not too many things more adorable than wet babies giggling.


Here is a picture of our wonderful living arrangements while we were there. My camera wouldn't fit Jesse in as well, but her was asleep on the floor in front of Joshie, and the bed touching Nate's crib is where my parents slept. I'm in the back, on the couch, which is where I slept. (it was a real trick getting back and forth between the bathroom to change, and my bed lol.) I don't know where Wes or Melinda would've slept! The babies had a ball sleeping so close. They climbed in each other's beds, and Micah and Josh get to be good buddies, and thoroughly enjoyed keeping everyone awake. It was too cute to be mad at. I can't wait until these little guys are old enough to realize how unique and funny their situation is!
Here is the best picture I could get of Kolton at the beach. He was all over the place, and I was either wet, covered in sand, or chasing him the entire time, so I'm counting on my mom to have better pictures. He LOVE, LOVE, LOVED the beach! He played in the sand, the water, stole a kayak, rode the jet ski, the boat (on which he begged to go tubing, but that didn't ride well with me!), but his very favorite thing of all was chasing and feeding the seagulls. He loved the whole shebang. I am so glad he shares my passion for the beach, and all it has to offer.

Thursday, Wes decided he wanted to spend the holiday up at Bear Lake with us, instead of us driving home to him. Melinda came up with him too. It was so much fun having them there, especially at the beach. Micah immediately got to work eating the sand (his favorite beach activity), so Wes took him in the water for a bit while I got busy making all the other babies "sand shoes" which occupied most of my afternoon until we stole away a couple of hours on Layne and Fay's boat (thanks again, guys!). Wes was ecstatic to go wakeboarding and wakesurfing. I really want to own a boat someday now. I caught the "boat vision" and how it creates so many fond memories and so much family time. Kolton and Micah loved it and fell asleep on it. It was an absolutely gorgeous day, and I can't think of a better way to celebrate the holiday and spend time together as a family. I am so grateful to my grandparents for starting and upholding such a special, strong family tradition. Bear Lake will always hold a special place in my heart. It's a little slice of heaven on earth.

2 comments:

Andria said...

I am so glad you ended up having a great time!! It is amazing what some sleep can do for any situation. It looks like you had a great family experience in the end!

Stacey said...

That picture of all the portable cribs is crazy! You are amazing, I would pull my hair out! :) I'm glad you had fun.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...