Saturday, August 16, 2008

Whew!

Another crazy week is over....almost. I was so busy this week that I woke up sick this morning. So not fun. Saturday night Wes's dad called to tell us Wes's grandma Bonnye died. Sunday night my mom called and said they were moving this weekend. Before all that, Wes and I decided to try a workout/nutrition program we found online. Also, my chickens got out and had a LOT of fun in my veggie garden. But since they are laying eggs now, and they probably got out to eat all the SQUASH BUGS that have attacked ALL of my squash plants....I forgave them for killing most of my beans and edamame. I did get a few survivors, and the squash is beginning to bounce back. I hate garden bugs. They are very selfish, and ignore all the hard work I do to grow food for my family. Oh, and another thing that happened due to extreme business: potty training regression. Kolton will still go, but he doesn't ever tell me he needs to go anymore. He's having too much fun with the other 4 toddlers at my house this week. He's starting to do a little better. but I think it's going to take a little longer to get him to the point he was at when we left for Bear Lake.

Anyway, they did a viewing and a graveside service for Bonnye Stewart on Wednesday. It was very sweet. It's amazing how it's so much more sweet when an older person dies. Everyone is happy. Happy that they are free from their health problems (in this case, Alzheimer's), and that they get to move on and be with their spouse, or other deceased family. Anyway, it was very sweet, and fun to hear a little about her. She was already pretty far gone when Wes and I met. But very cheerful and sweet. While we were at the cemetery, we payed a visit to President Hinckley's grave, which wasn't too far from when Wes's grandparents are buried. It was neat. It was a beautiful day. After the services, we all went to the Spaghetti factory for lunch. It was fun to see everyone, even though Micah threw everything he could get his hands on and ruined his church shirt. It was fun to see and be with family. That side of Wes's family doesn't get together very often, so it was fun to see/meet family. Wes decided to take the rest of the day off, since we didn't get home until about 3:00. We put the boys down for much needed naps, and Wes got one too. I got to do some much-needed grocery shopping. Ugh. But it definitely paid off to do that while I've had the kiddies here all week. (Unfortunately, it's time to go again!)


Sunday night, my mom called and said they were moving this Friday/Saturday. My mom is so crazy! I don't know how she works so well under pressure, but she really pulled it all off. They even slept at the new house night. Anyway, I spent Monday helping my mom pack. We both decided that it would be more help for me to remove the toddlers from the chaos and let everyone else pack. So Tuesday, Thursday, yesterday, and today I watched them. Wednesday was the funeral, and my mom was busy doing other things, so I don't think she packed much that day.


It was fun having the babies here. I had to resolve to just let my house get trashed, and only pick up what I needed to, because they were just going to come back and do it all again the next day. I think it went so much better because of the fact that I decided not to do anything else. I had them in the morning, we all played, fed them lunch, played some more, and then took them home for naps at their house. My mom pretty much kept them home after that. I could take my kids home and put them down, and clean up the disasters, fix what was broken, feed the animals, water the garden, and make dinner just in time for Wes to get home. Although, yesterday the cribs got put in the moving truck, so nobody got naps, and I had them pretty much until dinner. We all headed over to the new house and had some takeout. Then we eventually all headed to bed. They'll probably be here any minute today, but it's a quick day again. Even though is was busy, and hard, and wearing on my patience, it was so fun to just sit and play with them all day, every day this week. Nathan, Josh, and Hallie think it;s their new thing to go to Kolton's house after they wake up. They are so cute! Even though I'm exhausted, I'm kinda sad it's over. It's so fun watching them. They are all so lucky to have each other. I think I want to start taking them all like that a couple times a month. We had so much fun. And the hot new toy for them right now: bristle blocks. I pulled them out right before I pulled me hair out every day, and it SAVED me! They absolutely loved them. I spent hours making people, helicopters, airplanes, cars, trucks, pizzas, and whatever else they could think of. They also loved the train, but the battery finally gave out yesterday, and I forgot to charge it back up last night due to extreme exhaustion. I think today I'm going to show them the baby bunnies, and take them outside to pick tomatoes with me. Joshie loved that yesterday. They also are in the Brite music phase now, and we listened to "Land of Obey" and "See Me Run" for hours while they ran, shipped, hopped, and whirled all over the house. My house was full of giggles. I wish I could've videotaped some of the things they were doing, but I just needed a couple more hands to do that. I might attempt that today.


Wes's friend and volleyball partner, Kenny, called Wes Tuesday night, and he went over and watched the USA Olympic volleyball team (Rogers/Dalhauser) play their second match. Kenny had Tivo'd it from earlier that day. I was sad I missed it, but glad he got to go. We sure love volleyball in this family. It's the best sport. I wish I could play more, especially with Wes. Maybe once this year would be enough. Next year will be easier, unless I'm pregnant. I guess we'll see....


We have been working out together in the meantime, and that's been wonderful. Some days it's the only time we are able to spend together, and it's fun watching him work out, and I definitely work harder know he's there to save me if I get stuck under some weights lol. You'll have to keep your eyes on us for the next 8 weeks. We are going to get buff. It has actually been a great program, and not too time-consuming. Once I get over the "2-week-workout-hump" I will be better. (For the first 2 weeks of working out, I always am exhausted. But after that's over, I feel energized. The best part is, I need only about 6 1/2 hours of sleep when I work out consistently. I get so much more done!)

Also, I just wanted to thank my Heavenly Father for being with me this week. It was really hard, but I felt a quiet strength I only ever feel when I know he is there helping me through something hard. I prayed, not so reverently most of the time, but very hard and very often this week. I feel so much comfort in knowing he is there for me, whenever I need him, and that he loves me. I feel so very blessed to have had the gospel in my whole life, and to now be able to raise my kids with it. I don't know how I got so lucky, but I am sure glad I did. This week, I have been reading a cute book called "Toss the Guilt and Catch the Joy" and it's been wonderful. The author at one point talks about how she set a goal to read her scriptures every single day, and as long as she read at least one verse, she wouldn't feel guilty if one verse was all she read. To make a long story short, she achieved her goal, but not without help from the spirit waking her up one night and reminding her she hadn't read. She quickly popped up and read her one verse, thanking the Lord for helping her remember. I liked that story, and decided that was my new goal. Of course I've read more than a verse most days, but some days that's all you can do. Life is just crazy most of the time, and you have to adapt your life to your own situation. I really don't think people, especially women, do that enough.


Anyway, before I go, I swiped another picture of baby Abby at the hospital. This is so sweet, and makes me excited for when we have our next baby. (hopefully when both the boys are potty trained.) I'll have 2 little helpers.
Awwwwww....isn't this adorable?! I just love my boys, and I also love babies!

PS - Micah's finally been talking his first little steps this week. He's also been saying talking a little more. I'm so proud of my little boy!

2 comments:

PK and Doll said...

Megan,
I have been having so much fun getting to know you better by reading your blog! I love it. I would like to become good friends, you have a lot of wonderful qualities.

Mackenzie said...

Hey Megan...
sounds like lots of fun! I missed the gardening class last week. Would love to have a good excuse, but I don't. I spaced it! I love that you were able to pland edamame. I'll have to come steal some. ;-)
Come visit!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...