Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Changes....

Sometimes I find that I get a desperate need to slow down, only to clear the way for new things in my life. This time has been on exception. I now have to opportunity to serve in the Young Women's program. I've served before, but our total YW count was 6, on a good day. It never seemed like we had enough to do. Now it seems like there's not enough time to do it all, and I am left thinking, "Ah-ha! This is what I have been unknowingly preparing myself for!" So far, it has been crazy busy, far busier than I anticipated. But already far more rewarding as well. I am so excited to get involved with the youth, to teach them and learn from them. I am hoping it will give me some inspiration in my own life, about how to teach my children about the gospel. Soemtimes it's hard to figure out what a 1 and 2-year-old can grasp. At this point, I just hope that as we do things they feel the spirit, and learn to crave that feeling, and learn about love. Hopefully my example will be one worth following. That's definitely motivation to get up every day and try a little harder...

We also moved to the bootcamp phase of our workout last week. It's definitely as difficult as I anticipated, possibly more. But also very rewarding. Today, we set the timer for 30 minutes and did as many sets of pushups, bodyweight rows, and squats as we could. We both had to stop shortly after 20 minutes. I guess 30 is something we'll have to work up to... I'm hoping this will help in breaking my plateau. I know running will, and I've also decided to stop eating after 6 for awhile, see it it helps. I am feeling really great, but definitely craving more. Please post a comment here if you are interested in running with me. That is something I want to get started by next week, maybe sooner. I still think it would be fun to get a big group of gals and train for a 1/2 marathon together, or the Wasatch Back. How fun would it be to work out and lose weight together, and then go on a fun girls' weekend to accomplish a big goal and celebrate together?! I think it would be great. Hopefully others do too.

Chance is still doing wonderfully. I am so grateful. He is such a blessing in our lives. One accident and counting.....but that's amazing in my opinion! I really need to find him a good puppy class out here. His only downfall is that he's very shy, and I think getting him out in a new situation, with new people, and new dogs, will be just what he needs to come out of his shell a bit more. I have been having trouble finding one though. I am so NOT a fan of Petsmart or Petco for lots of things, one of them being training. But I am yet to find any other group class. I will continute searching this week.

Our tree out in front of our house is the most beautiful shade of red right now. I can't wait until it grows bigger. I love the fall. I love all the seasons. Lately, I have found myself eating soup almost daily, baking all kinds of breads, and yesterday we picked up the most delicious pears at a produce stand near the pumpkin patch we go to every year. Seeing the pumpkins got me really excited for Halloween. Is it too early to put out decorations? I might anyway. We'll see. I am so excited that Wes will be home in time to trick-or-treat with us this year. It will be so fun! My mom bought Kolton a Halloween book a couple days ago - Froggy's Halloween. He loves it. He wants to read it all the time, and he even sleeps with it at night. I love that he loves books so much, and I hope he continues to for the rest of his life.

Lately, I have been thinking a lot about how blessed we are. We have been so lucky to be blessed with so many things during our lives together. I always feel so strongly about serving and giving back in any way we can because of that. I feel like there is a reason things have been going well. We all ahve our struggles of course, but I have always been able to draw on the strength I receive from Heavenly Father and the knowledge that he lvoes me and is there for me when I need him. I feel like there is always something more I can be doing because of our blessings, and to show my gratitude. I can't even begin to count the thank yous I owe to everything and everyone: my amzing husband and sons, and our extended family and friends, our neighbors, our home, Wes's job, my ability to stay home with our kids, our health, our dog, our cozy bed, our garden, the ability to read and write, think and hear and speak. I am sooo grateful for flushing toilets and running water! I am grateful that I can take a hot bath when I need a break, or snuggle up to my boys and read them

1 comment:

Mackenzie said...

Hey Megan...
I would love to do the Moab half! Also...I am in for the running. Let's chat tonight and get something going.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...