Friday, October 3, 2008

Mmmmmm....Fall Baking

Today felt like fall to me today. It was a little cooler, the leaves are beginning to peak everywhere, and I went to the fabric store to buy the makings for 2 dinosaur costumes. Needless to say, when I got home, since I've been eating good all week, I felt like I deserved a little treat. Nothing says fall to me more than pumpkin, bread, and soup. I had soup for dinner, and I made a pumpkin pie cake for dessert. This really is a yummy, easy, more-pie-than-cakey fall treat. I thought I'd share the pumpkiny goodness with all of you. Here's the recipe:
Pumpkin Pie Cake
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine the following ingredients in a large bowl:
1 large can pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix).
l can evaporated milk
1 C. sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cloves
1 tsp. cinnamon
4 eggs
Pour into a 9x13 pan sprayed with cooking spray.
Combine one cube softened margarine and 1 spice cake mix.
Mix until crumbly and sprinkle over the top of pumpkin mixture.
Bake 1 hour, 350 degrees. Serve warm or cold with whipped cream. I also like to sprinkle mini semi sweet chocolate chips on top. They melt a little when it's warm. Mmmmmm......enjoy. :)

1 comment:

Andria said...

I love anything with pumpkin so thanks for the new recipe!! It sounds really good!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...