Tuesday, September 15, 2009

We're Back....Almost

Hey everyone, it's been a long, long time since I blogged. And I was behind before that. Our laptop broke and we've been living life with no computer.

Just an iPod touch for over 2 1/2 months.

Yes, pain in the rear. The things we all do to save money right?

Well, in light of a couple new businesses Wes and I are getting involved in, and the inability to document our lives, print much-needed Joyschool and other Eyre articles, and difficulty budgeting without excel or billpay, we finally decided it was time.

The week before, Micah got into the digital camera and dropped it.

Yup.

It's broken too.

So now we are the happy-but-four-hundred-bucks-poorer owners of a new laptop.

Windows Vista stinks.

But we have a working computer, so it's all good.

Now we have to figure out how to extract all the important files from our old computer and camera and put them on the new computer.

I guess a camera is the next on the replacement list.

So for now I guess I can't catch up or post pictures until further notice. But I'm going to try to journal and update as best I can while we are working hard to catch up with our lovely new expenses. When we figure out how to move the pictures I haven't posted onto this computer, I will have to post little "catch-ups" here and there.

Oh well.

I feel blessed to have a way to pay for "life." We are so blessed and lucky that Wes' field of work is still booming. And even more blessed for the other new business opportunities that have crossed our paths. I will explain more later. It's so exciting!

By the way, Oliver got hit by a car last night.

Lucky for us, he is still alive, and much stronger than last night. But boy howdy was that ever expensive, and I don't think it's over quite yet.

I think it's time for us to consider pet health insurance.

I used to see those pamphlets and laugh that people would do that.

I guess I got humbled.

On a lighter note, we've been extremely busy with many new changes and goals and ambitions. Don't get me wrong, life is so good right now, just really hard, busy, and difficult to get organized and work out the glitches.

I feel kind of like a chicken with its head cut off, but in a good way.

I will post more about it later though because our two adorable little boys came into the room and told me they're hungry. One is soaking wet. The other is eating the endpieces of bread that we'd saved for the ducks.

Boys will be boys.

1 comment:

Janaca said...

Hey I saw that you had a blog off facebook! Man sounds like things are pretty hectic, but glad life is going pretty well for the most part. That stinks about your camera and I'm so sad to hear about your cat. If you need help with anything just ask! We need to get together and let our boys play.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...