Wednesday, March 23, 2011

five years old

Kolton turned five today.  Five.  For some reason, to me, five seems like such a big milestone.  Kind of like the transition from preschooler to official big kid has begun.  It makes me sad to think of how quickly that time has gone by, but also really excited for this new stage we have already begun to enter.

Today, Kolton picked Norwegian pancakes for breakfast.  They are so good.  I used to pick them for my birthday breakfast when I was little, so it was kind of fun to make them for my little boy.

Grandpa Stewart popped in for a little while during breakfast.  The boys were completely ecstatic to see him.  After he left, they kept pretending to be him.  It was so cute.

Kolton also requested pizza that was "already cooked" tonight (can you tell we usually get Papa Murphy's?).  He also invited Grammy and the kids over for cake and ice cream.  Right after they arrived, Wes decided to give everyone an impromptu lesson on riding without training wheels.  All four boys did great!  Micah totally blew me away....he's not even four yet!  The kids had fun taking turns practicing riding the bike, and we had fun watching.  We also attempted Kolton's birthday tradition of flying kites, but there was NO wind today.  We'll have to try again when we've got a breezier day, but the sunny, warm spring day was a welcome change from the cold, bitter wind and snow we've been having all week.

Wes and I decided to let him open his presents today too.  He was really excited about that.  We got him a little t-ball set to practice with, a kit to raise butterflies (Kolton LOVES any and all bugs), a few books, and a toy digital camera that really works.  He was so excited about the camera!  I am eager to see the world through his eyes.  :)

I just can't believe it has been five years since I held that first tiny, precious, beautiful bundle in my arms.  I had no idea how much I was going to grow to love this little boy and how mush that loves grows with each passing day.  Kolton is such a ball of fire and is so smart and helpful and caring. He is such a little nurturer, and so smart!  I am so proud of him and feel so grateful that he is the oldest of our children.  Micah and Jonah already look up to him so much, and he sets such a great example for them.  He is my little buddy and I love him so much. 

Happy Birthday Kolton!  I love you!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...