Thursday, April 21, 2011

butterflies are emerging

And do you think this guy is happy about it?


This little guy isn't too sure what he thinks yet.

But man alive Kolton was fascinated.

We got to watch two of them actually emerging yesterday.  It was incredible.  I don't know what I expected, but it happened a lot faster than I would have imagined.  It was only a matter of second from when they chrysalis opened until the butterfly had completely emerged with crumpled, wet wings.  Isn't nature amazing?  I can't wait to ask God how to make a butterfly.

And neither can Kolton.  He has played with them all day for two days now.  I love how much he loves nature.  And I love that I get to help them discover it all the time.  Being a mom, watching the magic happen, is truly the best job in the world.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...