Saturday, April 2, 2011

feeling good

Last night I slept 7 1/2 hours.  I couldn't believe it!  I am really tired, but I think my body is realizing how sleep deprived it is and that it finally can sleep.  Hopefully I will catch up soon.

I can't even begin to describe the lift and relief I feel.  Finally, I've made a decision, have a fallback in place, and I don't have to do any more research or focus on anything except life.  I truly feel I have done everything I can/need to at this point and now it's time to give it to God. 

The sunshine and warmth outside just makes me feel all the happier right now.  I really am a girl who loves sunshine and I think I need to be in a warmer place where I can have it year-round.  Either way, we are enjoying the fresh air and sunshine and have been outside all day long.

Conference is fabulous so far.  (If you don't know what General Conference is, you can read all about it here.)  I always feel like I come away from it so fed and so inspired.  I feel so grateful and blessed to have the gospel in my life and a Heavenly Father who loves me so deeply.  I soak in so much of the guidance and advice sent to me through the church leaders and other members.  They are all angels among us and have blessed my life in many ways.

I need to tone up a little (which I will once I can exercise), but I am really, really, really happy to be my skinny self once again.  I am back in my small, pre-Kolton clothes, some of which I've had since Wes and I were dating.  It's been fun to wear my dear old clothes again!  And boy oh boy shopping is fun again too!

Another thing I've noticed since the Neuromodulation (but I've also been off gluten for five days, so we'll see), is that my hair is starting to change.  It didn't fall out at all yesterday.  It's still a little dry, but not nearly as bad as it was before.  We will see which change caused this.  My friend that has Celiac says hair loss is a sign of gluten intolerance.  But it is also a sign of thyroid problems.  I guess it could have been both.  Honestly, I don't really care how it happened, I am just glad that my hair is finally starting to go back to normal.

Wes' cousin does home parties where she sells these products.  I have absolutely fallen in LOVE with them.  I use the face wipe every day, and I've even tried it on my arms (after Kolton was born, I got this weird red, bumpy rash on the back of my arms and NOTHING I've tried has gotten rid of it.  I was told it wasn't ever going to go away, and that a vast percentage of people have this same rash somewhere on their bodies, but I don't believe it.).  My arms have dramatically improved in the past couple weeks.  Still red, but not nearly as red as it used to be, and the bumps are gone.  Nonexistent.  Boy am I glad.  Just in time for short sleeves.  :)

I cleaned out my pantry today.  Took everything out and scrubbed it down.  All of the wheat, spelt, oats, rye, and barley products are GONE.  They are hanging out in the basement for now.  I've got lots of things in there now that I'm not sure what to do with, but at least it's accessible and I have a some really great resources while I relearn how to cook.  I've decided to err on the side of convenience until I know whether of not this gluten-free stuff is permanent.  I've got lots of flour blends and mixes ready to go.  If I do this permanently, then I will start to figure out how to actually convert existing recipes and such.  But at least for now I won't starve. And I'm starting to realize that although it would stink, I could do it, and I wouldn't have to compromise taste.  It's just going to take a little more preparation.

I have been reading this book, and so far it's fabulous:
I just started it, but it is really interesting information about the benefits of fasting.  It's supposed to be great for autoimmune disease.  And the nutrition information is great too.  I just love to read about the healing power of food, and about what our bodies can do if we give them what they need to do it.

We tried oven-roasted broccoli the other day, and now we are all hooked.  I am amazed!  I can't wait to try oven-roasting more foods.  It completely changes the flavor and texture.  I always love to learn new ways to cook veggies.

The boys all slept in today and we've had so much fun with the whole family together.  I love my sweet little family so much!  And we love it when Wes is off on Saturdays.

All in all, life is good.

1 comment:

Mary Croxford said...

So glad you are feeling better! ;o) It's about time!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...