Friday, April 15, 2011

life

In our family, life from March until May is a big blur due to holidays and birthdays galore, among gardens going in and spring cleaning and two to three doctor's appointments a week.  Throw in the Motherhood Retreat and Board meeting for Power of Moms and getting more aggressive with the church's "Rescue the Family" project I am helping with (among countless others) and we are officially overcommitted and crazy!  That's all in addition to regular life....needless to say, I was geared up this year for what I knew was coming, and I am now in the thick of it.
A few things I will touch on (but not elaborate due to time constraints) are:

Today my doctor told me that he doesn't think I have Hashimoto's, Graves, or TED.  He got my lab results back and I have severe heavy metal toxicity.  I made a separate appointment next week to discuss the lab results, bring in my blood work, and be advised about how to go about treating this.  He also said I was making amazing, fast progress. 

Very encouraging.  Hang in there, Megan.  This too shall pass.

Jonah's definitely doing better on the hypoallergenic formula, and the eczema has improved dramatically, although the cradle cap has gotten much worse.  He now has bleeding sores on his poor little head because he keeps scratching it.  I need to figure out what else I can do to remedy that.

Kolton has "adopted" a slew of potato bugs and brings them everywhere we go.....the grocery store, Grammy's, the doctor, the mall.  You name it, these bugs have been there.  It's like a mini traveling circus.  Every so often I hear, "Mommy, I'm really, really sorry, but I dropped a bug in your car and I can't find it.  I PROMISE I won't take the lid off the bug jar anymore."  This is typically followed by pulling over and locating the escaped bug.  How are they all still alive?

I finally got the guts to pull out my new Silhouette machine for Melinda's baby shower my mom and I threw last night.  It is like playing with a toy - SO FUN!

I also got the guts to try out a gluten free cake mix and a bread mix.  I have a cousin-'in-law with Celiacs that was coming to the shower and of course I already know what it's like to go somewhere and not be able to eat ONE thing.  I was excited to be able to have something there for her and I to eat.  It was all pretty good, especially the cupcakes!  I would never have guessed they were gluten free.  In fact, my plate was empty because no one could tell the difference.

I am still washing and rewashing and rewashing again loads of laundry from being too busy to even move the laundry from the washer to the dryer.

My parents' swing set blew over last week during a big windstorm.  Wes helped my dad tip it back up so my dad could begin repair.  He hurt his back and spent all day yesterday on the couch.  Poor guy.

To add to his bad luck, he just got passed up on a promotion FIVE minutes away from our house (he commutes for an hour right now) because they said that it's in the store's best interest to leave him where he is.  He is the only competent one working there now, and the only one who compounds, so Walgreens kindly decided to pass him up on less gas money, a pay raise, and better location because they didn't want to replace him.  I never realized until now that sometimes you can get punished for being a good worker.  We are both so ticked.  Especially Wes.  I wish there was something I could do to help him feel better.

I got to Skype with a fellow Power of Moms board member tonight about the "Rescue the Family" church project. She is amazing and inspiring.  I came away so lifted up and so anxious and excited to be a part of this much-needed project.  The adversary is so scary and so strong.  I want so much for this project to be a beneficial tool in fighting it and saving the family.  I am also extremely grateful for being a part of my own family and to have the knowledge I have....it is all such an extraordinary treasure.

Since I had so much success with the gluten free baking, I decided I would finally try this pizza that's been sitting in my freezer for the past couple weeks:

Seriously, seriously meh.  Absolutely disgusting.  I couldn't eat it and neither could the boys.  We had cold cereal for dinner instead.  Good old Cinnamon Chex saved me once again.  (Shhh, don't tell but I let them have a cupcake after dinner.  They ate one heck of a healthy dinner tonight.  Green smoothies will be in order tomorrow morning, and leftover cupcakes are already in the trash.)

In addition to all of the madness, we found a killer deal on airline tickets and decided to take off in the near future to the good ol' Magic Kingdom with the big boys.  I am now planning a vacation right along with everything else.  But boy howdy I am EXCITED!  It has been way too long since we've been to Disneyland.

Jonah is this close to standing up.  Man oh man am I in trouble!  But boy is he getting fun! 

I love being a mom.  :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...