Thursday, May 26, 2011

blogging vacation

I have been thinking about taking a blogging vacation over the past few days.  My mind is spilling over with so many thoughts and memories I want to record, but our lives are growing so busy right now that I just can't seem to find the time to write.

We showed our house six times in the last two days.  We also took the boys to t-ball, attended a party, worked on our broken sprinklers, had parent-child dates, did many various painting/sewing projects, started some new, additional, health-inducing habits, devoured a few books, used out new Safety-Shield system a couple times, started packing boxes, cleaned out a moth-eaten piano (one of the GROSSEST things I have ever done - yuck!), tried a few new recipes, did some serious treasure-hunt/thrift shopping, and tied up some loose ends left and right. Phew!

This is all in the midst of day-to-day life.  But honestly, lately, I haven't made too many phone calls, written much, taken too many naps or gone to bed early.  The laundry is all the way to the ceiling in the laundry room (every time I pull it out someone calls to see the house), and I NEED to go grocery shopping....yesterday.  I've been bouncing around the idea of cutting out a few guilty pleasures, such as blogging and watching Cosby at night after the boys are in bed, and the past few days I've accidentally done those things.  I simply haven't had time.

I think I'm really naturally learning to create margin in my life, and I'm starting to recognize and cope with "there's-too-much-going-on-in-my-life-right-now" situations.  This is one of those times, however simple and small to someone else.  My stress threshold just isn't that high right now, and I kinda like it that way.

A few things have happened recently that have made me wonder if my body is beginning to heal.  Some of it is the way I am thinking, and some of it is physical.  One of those physical things is happening right now.  I am extremely happy and excited about it, but it's also got me bedridden for the time being as I curl up under the covers, nauseous from the excruciating pain.  Although that sounds awful, it's really a thing we've been celebrating and adapting to.  Lucky for me, Wes happened to be at the beginning of his days off when it hit, and good ol' Mr. Sunshine decided to visit me too.  That's been a huge help and I've been able to just relax and soak in the sun during the moments we are not busy between showings and kids and sprinklers and the like.  I feel so grateful for life's many blessings and miracles.

Anyway, to make a long story short, since I've by default started a "blogging vacation", I'm going to go ahead and stay on vacation for a week or two until things begin to slow down a little.  I have some more loose ends to tie, and with them will come a little more simplicity and margin in my life - our lives - again.  I am anxious to continue writing, but eager to cut a few things back and make life easier for a little while.  I can't wait to share my experiences with you when I return.  I'm considering turning this into a full "media fast" that I read about in "Margin".  I will have to see if I can pull that one off. 

We'll see.

So for now, ta-ta.  I hope you all have a fun-filled, relaxing Memorial weekend.  I hope you all get to enjoy the beautiful, warm sunshine that we have been engulfed with amidst all the fresh spring rain.  The air outside is clear and beckoning.  I think it may be time to pull out and hang Wes' hammock from Panama.  A nap in the sunshine sounds so heavenly and healing and indulgent.  I think I might....

See you later!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...