Tuesday, May 10, 2011

happy 4th birthday to our sweet little micah

Micah turned four recently.  Four years ago, I held that sweet little guy in my arms for the first time.  Those long fingers and toes, the dark, thick, long hair, the smooth skin, his giant v-shaped stork bite on his forehead....he was absolutely perfect.  And I was in awe of this little boy and the fact that I was entrusted to be his mommy.
I couldn't find a picture of me and baby Micah anywhere.   I think they are on our other computer; we haven't had those pictures moved over to this one yet.  This is my sister, Melinda holding little Micah.  Don't you love all that hair?

Kolton and Micah's first meeting.
Fast forward four years.  I now have a tall, towheaded, giggling boy who is obsessed with trains and backpacks, always puts his pants on backwards, talks nonstop about trains and cars, carries around all kind of stuffed animals everywhere he goes, goes right to sleep at bedtime and nap time (thumb in mouth and all), and is a total delight to have on our family.  I love this boy and all his little "quirks" with all my heart, and I am so grateful and proud to call him my son.

Micah always keeps me laughing.  He is in his own little world most of the time.  Sometimes I have to repeat what I am saying four or five times before he gets it, because he just zones off in space somewhere.  He is always off in space, cheerful as can be, backwards pants and all.  And I love it!
  

Micah is a sweetheart. He is always up for a snuggle and also loves to play outside. Something I love about him is his imagination and his ability to entertain himself (and me) for hours and hours. One minute he is a kitten, then he's a superhero, then he's outside with playdough or playing in the sand. He loves his Thomas and Geotrax and if he cons anyone into playing with him, they will be stuck for hours and he will be in hog heaven! It's so fun to see him grow and develop his own little interests and joys.


Micah is sneaky too.  He always knows how to sneak outside or into things he wants when I am not looking (a very patient and determined little soul), and he's fabulous at hide-and-seek.  The only thing that gives him away are his giggles of delight when he knows we can't find him.
See how he snuck a sucker here? (I keep some in my car to reward my kids' for good behavior while out-and-about.) 
He's also very sensitive.  He's definitely a momma's boy (which I love), and he is happy to play with anyone and gets along easily with his friends.  He always says something sweet and kind to me right when I need it, and gives the sweetest, cuddliest hugs.  He is such a joy to be around and I'm so glad he came to be in our family.


For Micah's birthday, the boys decided they wanted to combine the big family party.  Since his birthday was right on the weekend, we held the party right on his birthday.  We went to the park and played baseball and had cupcakes and ice cream.  He loved it! 

He got a little dress-up policeman outfit for one of his presents from us.  This was his face when he opened it:

And this is what he looked like for the rest of the party:





It's a good thing we had cake and ice cream before he got that whistle!

I'll have to do a separate post with pictures of the rest of the party, but I just didn't want to miss the opportunity to express my love and gratitude for Micah.  He is such a little sweetheart and keeps us laughing and enjoying all that life has to offer.  I love having him in our family, and feel so blessed for the privilege of being his mommy.  I love you, little buddy.  I can't believe you are four years old!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...