Wednesday, May 18, 2011

lee's performance at the tabernacle

Last week we got a real treat.

Wes' dad, Lee, was singing in a mens' choir at the Tabernacle.  I forgot all the details like who the director was or even what the program was called, but I will never forget the incredible beauty and spirit that was there.  It was almost tangible.

As we were dropping our stroller off outside, I couldn't help but fall in love with the blue sky and the American flag blowing so beautifully right in front of the temple.
Just remember that this is all raw.  I don't love the shadow in the front or the off-centeredness.  But considering I snapped it while Wes was dragging me away, I think they turned out pretty well.  The temple is so beautiful!


We walked in and found a seat.  I just couldn't resist the urge to snap a couple pictures of Lee before the program began (they said no photography).  Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get his attention, so these are some shots of him looking for all of us:


 
It was A.MAZE.ING.

My favorite number was this African Procession.  It was so joyful and powerful.  I loved it!
They had a mix of everything from folk hymns to Disney songs to cultural songs from other countries.  It was all unique and beautiful.

I am so grateful for my father-in-law and his musical talents.  I'm so grateful we got the opportunity to partake of such inspirational music.

And the temple was equally beautiful when we left.  Once again, we didn't have much time, so Wes patiently hurried me along.  But he did give me a little time to get these:



I a so grateful that we got the opportunity to go out and see Lee sing.  I also feel very grateful to live so close to such a beautiful and special place to me (Wes and I were married in the Salt Lake Temple.).  I'm so grateful for temples and the opportunity to go there often.  We are so blessed.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...