Saturday, September 10, 2011

first day of school

I can't believe two of my babies are ready for school!  Kolton started kindergarten about two weeks ago.  Micah started this past week.  Here are a few pictures from the momentous days:

My big boy on his first day of kindergarten.
 He decided he wanted to ride his bike to school on the first day (he normally rides the bus)....
 ....with these two!  They were all so cute and excited!  It was the perfect morning for a bike ride.  :)
 Here they are outside the door of the school.  They lucked out and all landed in the same class!

 It's hard to believe these two used to fight like cats and dogs.  They are such good buddies now.
 The three supporters:
 Now, here is Micah on his first day.  A little less momentous, but he was excited nonetheless.  I'm so glad we found a two-day-a-week preschool....I don't think I'm ready to let him go any longer.

Starting school has been so bittersweet for me.  It's a hard slap-in-the-face reminder of how quickly my boys are growing.  I cried on every first.  First day, first bus drop off, etc.  I still find myself a little misty-eyed every so often.

But, at the same time, I am LOVING this new phase.  I have enjoyed watching my little boys' personalities evolve and blossom.  They love school and come home so excited to tell me about their day.  (Oh, how I wish I could spy on them when they're not home with me!)  I really love being able to be here when they get home and really listen to the happenings.  I love my boys and my heart just fills to the brim with gratitude and love for them every day.  I am a lucky, lucky mommy. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...