Monday, January 3, 2011

Wes is 30!

Wes turned 30 on the 30th. He was so depressed and worried about it. He thought he was saying goodbye to his youth or something. I don't really understand what the big deal was, but I was a nice wife and respected his not-so-subtle requests of I'd better not throw him a party of any kind or do anything out of the ordinary. If I wanted to skip it altogether that was just fine with him. Haha! Well, I decided against the party, but I wanted to do something to help him see that the "sky is the limit" - no matter what your age. Earlier in the day, we took the whole family (and dad-in-law, Lee) rock climbing indoors at a fabulous gym in Sandy. We had so much fun and I think it's a birthday tradition that will stick for sure. :) Kolton climbed all the way to the top of the wall. He was so brave. Over and over he tried, and Grandpa Stewart was such a patient belayer. He'd convince him to go a little higher each time. Micah kind of lost interest in climbing once he realized he could let go and swing on the rope. Daddy was pushing him so high and he loved it! Jonah had a huge blowout the one time I forgot to pack an extra outfit. He hung out on a blanket in only his diaper. Oh well. Stuff happens right? He was pretty happy to people watch and play with his mommy and his toys. I didn't get a chance to climb being so busy with the baby, but it was fun watching everyone else. I just love our cute little family.

We hurried home and got ready for Wes's birthday surprise I had planned. I had some last minute glitches and I was still crossing my fingers that everything would pan out. I found out last minute - literally as we were on our way - that my dad could come also, so we grabbed him. My sweet mom took all three boys (we'd never left Jonah before, and I learned he doesn't really take bottles...sorry Mom) and Wes, my dad, and I left. Wes had no idea what was going on, right up to the point that we got there. I signed him up for flying lesson. He's always wanted to learn to fly, and so has my dad, so it was such a fun surprise. We got a fabulous pilot who was so much fun! He answered all our questions, let us take tons of pictures, and took us on a great ride through Parley's and back to SLC through Big Cottonwood. It was a really fun flight. We got to fly for about 15 minutes through the canyon and had so much fun! It was definitely an experience I don't think any of us will forget. Wes was so happy, and said he loved his 30th birthday. I was glad he got over the "30th birthday blues" and just relaxed and enjoyed the day.

I feel so blessed and lucky that I get to be married to Wes. Every day I am blown away be the amazing person he is, and by how completely perfect for me he is. I'm so glad that Heavenly Father told me he was the one, because there is no way I could have known at 19 how compatible we really were, and how much joy he could bring into my life. I have always been a happy person, but never dreamed I could and would experience the joy that I have in my life, all because of my knight in shining armor. Wes is such an incredible person, and every day I work so hard to make him happy because he deserves all the happiness he can get. He is such an amazing husband and father! I still get weak in the knees when he looks at me, and there's no better place than in his arms. I'm so grateful that I get to be with him for eternity.

30 things I love about Wes:

1.  His smile
2.  His laugh
3.  The way he looks at me.  Several people have actually commented on it.  I think he looks at the boys the same way.
4.  The way he never hides his emotions.  His face says it all, especially when he's happy.
5.  The sound of his voice
6.  The way he can't sleep until he's holding me in his arms.
7.  I love the way he lets me watch girly movies, and even took me to see New Moon and Eclipse without me even having to ask
8.  The way he values his health and sets such a good example to me and the boys
9.  He works so hard and never complains
10.  His testimony and knowledge of the gospel
11.  I love how every kid that meets him loves him
12.  He's so smart!
13.  He makes everything fun
14.  He is a peacemaker
15.  He is extremely patient and sensitive
16.  It's so much fun to watch him play sports.  I wish he'd do it more often.  It's so sexy.
17.  I love how much the boys idolize him, and what an incredible example he sets for them
18.  I am a champion interrupter (I HATE this about myself, I will be working on it this year.) and he never complains about it
19.  I love how he will try anything and have fun doing it(well, except shopping)
20.  If I ever do anything that makes me happy (from going out with friends to buying new clothes to taking up a new hobby) he is always so supportive and just happy that I am happy.
21.  The way he tells me I'm pretty
22.  I love the way he is always touching me - playing with my hair, kissing my neck, holding my hand...he even gives me massages.  Aren't I a lucky girl?
23.  I love how he never lies to me.  He'll tell me the truth even if it hurts.  I can always trust him.
24.  I love how he shares everything with me.  I feel so lucky and blessed that we are so close.
25.  I love how accepting he is of everyone.  And forgiving.  And loyal.
26.  He goes along with all my crazy ideas and takes it all in stride.  Sometimes he jokingly calls me "Lucy" (I Love Lucy) when I do something really out there.  But he never gets angry.
27.  Everything he does, he does full out.  No matter what it is.  Everyone loves this about him.  He always goes the extra mile.
28.  I love it when he reads stories or plays with or sings to the boys.  Dads just play different,and Wes plays with and enjoys his kids more than just about any dad I know.  He holds nothing back and is always game for anything.  In addition to, all my siblings enjoy him also.  And Abby's got him wrapped around her finger.  He's going to be such a good daddy to our daughter someday (when we have one).
29.  I love how he loves animals and nature.
30.  I love his leadership style.  He motivates me like no one else can.  Every moment I'm with him I want to be a better person.   He's a quiet, gentle leader. He lets everyone be how they are and accentuates the positive.  He takes responsibility for himself and is always positive.  He is not afraid to admit when he makes mistakes and is extremely humble (people comment on this all the time too).  He has no idea, but a lot of people hang on every word he says because when he says anything it's always worth listening to.  His humility and love for others makes it easy and natural to follow him.  He is the most Christlike person I know.

I love you, Babe.  I hit the jackpot when I married you 6 1/2 years ago.  I hope one day I can bring your life as much joy and contentment as you've brought mine.  You are a good person and I couldn't think of anyone better to spend eternity with.  Thank you for being my very best friend and for loving me.  I love you with all my heart and am in awe of you every single day.  I'm glad you were born 30 years ago and I look forward to sharing a long, happy, fulfilling life together, side-by-side.  xoxo

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...