Thursday, July 7, 2011

happy fathers' day....a little late

I know it's late, but I just couldn't let the opportunity to brag about this guy pass me by:

Fathers' Day was like Mothers' Day this year.....quite simple and almost nonexistent.  Wes had to work, so we just hung out at home when he got home.  We had a yummy "guy dinner" of spare ribs, baked potatoes, and asparagus, and we just relaxed and enjoyed being together as a family.  I made Wes, my dad, and Lee (Wes' dad) all t-shirts, which turned out great!  All in all, I'm glad it's not so simple every year, but this year, I think it was just what Wes needed (and the rest of us).  It's been a little crazy here with trying to find a home, working extra hours, trying to continue recovering, and just living life.  It's nice sometimes to have a little time to just be.

I love Wes.  And I don't know of too many children who love their Daddy as much as our boys love Wes.  He is such an incredible father.  He's a "jump-right-in-and-get-involved" kind of guy.  He's always there to support, play, snuggle, teach, and lead.  He keeps us all laughing and makes as all feel like a million bucks to be around him.  He is a great big ball of positive energy who inspires all around him with his humble and quiet way of demonstrating love and enthusiasm for life and all that's in it.  He's such a kind, sensitive person who is always giving to everyone around him.  I feel so inadequate, but so proud to be his wife I thank my lucky stars every day that we get to share eternity together as best friends.  Love you, Babe.
You see the way Jonah is looking at Wes?  That is the way all the boys look at him.  Total admiration and excitement.  They light up when he is around, and he continues to give them more and more reasons to radiate joy and happiness when he is around.
There's that sweet look again.  There's no Daddy around quite like Wes.  Thank you, Babe.  Thanks for being a great "Team Stewart" captain: a diaper changing, "owie" kissing, fun-loving, hard working, selflessly serving, love-giving dad.  I couldn't ask for a better example for our boys of what it is to be a good man, a Christlike person, and an amazing husband.  I love you more than words can ever say, and you have made our lives happier, more fulfilling, and full of joy than I ever thought possible.  Thank you for all you do and are...I could never have known how much better than my dreams you are, and I feel so blessed to have you as the father of our children.  Thank you for being better than I ever imagined.  Thank you for loving me and our children.  Thanks for taking such great care of us.....you've provided for us not only by what you do at work each day, but also by the "in the trenches" work you do from the minute you walk in the door each night.  I love you for that.  I feel like your ability to give and give and give is really a big part of what makes our family so wonderful and so close.  It inspires me.

We love you, Babe.  We hope you really do know that we think you are the:
xoxox

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...