I was tagged by my friend Kristina, and I have to tell ten interesting facts about me. Here goes.....
1. I love gardening. This a recent passion of mine. I always knew I would keep up my yard, but I never realized how relaxing and enjoyable it is. I find myself planting more and more seeds, reading tons of books, scoping out yards for ideas, and getting tips from everyone and anyone who will share. I look forward to going outside and digging in the dirt, and it's incredible to me how the whole process works. I absolutely love it!
2. I love animals. Like you wouldn't believe. I always wanted to be a veterinarian since I was about 4. I had to face the fact that I'm allergic to cats and let go of that dream. But I have new ones. I want to do an agility contest with a dog someday, own horses, and swim with dolphins. Hopefully some kind of animal training will be in my future. I love it. We used to have a Quaker parrot before we had Kolton and Micah, and he knew how to say and do all kinds of things. Hopefully one day I will get the experience of being a dolphin trainer. I think that would be the ultimate cool.
3. I love to be a mom. The whole shebang. I love being pregnant, and Wes and I joke that I should be a surrogate mom because I just enjoy it so much. I also love children and babies. I was the girl who always wanted to grow up and be a mom. I babysat up until we had kids of our own. I love to watch and help them discover their world. Being a mom is something I want to do forever.
4. I love being a wife, and I love my husband more than I could ever say. I feel so blessed to be his forever. He is my best friend, and I will spend eternity doing everything I can to make him happy.
5. I love music. I used to play several instruments: the piano, flute, oboe, piccolo, and guitar. I have always dreamed of playing the harp. I was in several singing and dancing groups growing up, and I loved it. My mom writes church music, and I grew up listening to her play and sing as I fell asleep. I dream of the day I get back into music, and I hope that one day we get to sing together regularly. I have a strong testimony of the power of music.
6. I love photography. I took classes all through high school. This is black and white, develop your own film photography. I tied for the highest scores in AP photography, and I even got offered a photography job. I want to learn more about digital photography and scrapbooking. I truly believe that I picture is worth a thousand words.
7. I love physical activity - indoors or out. I love everything at the gym, except the treadmill. I love weight training, and I love the classes. I enjoy sports, especially volleyball. I have a passion for rock climbing. I haven't been for a long time, but I still crave it every day. I can't wait until our kids are old enough to enjoy the outdoors with us. Camping, biking, hiking, snowshoeing....all of it!
8. I love reading and writing. I especially love books that teach me things, or inspire me to be better. I LOVE Tony Robbins. I feel like my passion and zest for life, and for others, matches his. He has such an amazing energy and aura that I envy. I love Stephenie Meyer books. I love "Jonathan Livingston Seagull." It is one of my favorite books of all time. So is "The Giver." I love writing and want to write a book of my own someday.
9. I love homemaking. Cooking, cleaning, sewing, nurturing, etc. I love learning about so many things, being my own boss, and the variety day by day. I love how I get to do a little bit of everything. It is the hardest job I have ever had, and I love it with all my heart!
10. I dream of doing tons of humanitarian work one day. My newest idea is to teach Square Foot Gardening overseas. I love all the work and progress that is done in this area, and the way it empowers people.
Sorry I wrote a novel. I am just passionate about anything and everything. I can't help myself. Hopefully you all learned something new about me. I want to tag Melinda, Andria, and Jaci. I love learning new things about everyone!