Friday, November 7, 2008

America the Beautiful

I took this excerpt from my cousin Jaci's website. Well said Jace, I agree 100%.

"Life in democracy lately seems so divided...when as Americans we really should be united. No, I did not vote for Obama in this election. But, I just want to declare that I will support him as president. America is America and we should be standing together. Unfortunately, it seems there is always one side that isn't happy. I just hope we can all continue feeling patriotic and support Obama, and all of the many people that work with him in keeping our country free and striving to be united. I was grateful for the closing speech given by McCain, and disappointed at all the people who were 'booing' every time he mentioned Obama's name. The election is over. America has spoken, and even if it didn't go your way, we still live in a free country and should be grateful for that. That's my two cents. Take it or leave it."

I would like to add that we have a constitution. And it will prevail. Every president we've had has brought both good and bad things to our country. Every president is human. Every president we've had is just doing his best to give us a better America, and to unite us as citizens. I don't love Obama's ideas, or even agree with most of them. I don't love the people he chooses to associate with, or even bring into office with him. But America has spoken, and it's time to stand together and be good citizens, and people. I also think we should be happy about Proposition 8, end every document like it that didn't pass this week. America is still a Christian country, and we have all chosen together to preserve our Christian values. For that I am so extremely grateful. We are so blessed to live in such an amazing country. America is hope, freedom, ambition, religion, love, kindness, inspiration, joy, and more. Change has come to America, and it's time to get excited.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...