Saturday, April 9, 2011

at least spring is "springing" inside

I LOVE springtime, and I LOVE Easter. This week, I got to get out my Easter decorations. My collection is pretty meager so far, but I love everything I have. I also went to a wholesale wood place last week and bought myself a few Easter crafts to do....I will share those when they are complete.

Here are some of my favorites:

I got this sweet little bunny from a family I used to nanny for back when Wes was in pharmacy school.  I think of those beautiful, sweet little girls every time I see this cute little bunny.  I miss them like the dickens! 


These beautifully crafted candles were hand carved for me, live, at this event that my mom and I visit every year.  If you've never been, don't miss it!  It is something I look forward to all year.  Some years, there is a Swiss candlemaker who carves the most beautiful candles.  She hand-dips them right there and carves through the colors and mold them with some pretty intricate looking tools.  She makes it look so easy!  I buy a set from her whenever I find her, and this was my choice this year.  Isn't the detail amazing?  I love the bunnies' eyelashes!
 I think they look fabulous next to my Jim Shore Easter basket.  I LOVE Jim Shore also.  (If you haven't heard of him before, you can check him out here.  I love his whimsical, creative pieces and buy them whenever I can.)

I usually hang plastic Easter eggs all over the trees in my front yard (something my mom did that I copied), but I haven't had a chance to this year with all the wind and snow we've had lately.  I am officially SICK OF SNOW and I still crusade every year to move somewhere warmer.  Something's gotta give someday, me or the snow.  So far, I think I am winning, but we'll see.

I'm also thoroughly enjoying these purple shamrocks I got for our Ireland dinner we did last month.  They are so easy to care for and I think they are so beautiful.  I love the little pink blossoms!


Now all I need is for the snow to melt so I can start playing in the dirt.....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...