Saturday, March 5, 2011

little sisters

Yesterday my phone rang.  I glanced at the number before I answered it and noticed it was my mom.  I was surprised to hear that distinct, sweet, little girl's voice on the other end.  It was one of my little sisters, Hallie.

She had called to invite me to her "unicorn's birthday party" which she had apparently planned all by herself.  She'd found her unicorn a gift and wrapped it all up with copy paper and tape, and asked my mom to dial my other sister, Melinda, and me, to invite us to her party.  A girl after my own heart. 

Of course I told her I'd be there.  How often, with three little boys, do I get to play girly games like this?Never.  I grabbed my trusty ball of yarn and quickly hand-crocheted her and her unicorn matching pink necklaces. 

Kolton finally decided he wanted in on the fun and got to work making this to take to the party:

How did I get so lucky to be surrounded by such cuteness?

Kolton insisted on "wrapping" his present by sliding it in between pages of a library book, which I hesitantly agreed to (we don't have the best record when it comes to library books), and we took off to meet the fam at Chick-Fil-A.

 Here is the unicorn "opening her presents......
 I swear, I can never look at Nate without laughing.  He cracks me up!
(Please excuse the blur.  It was really hard to get good pictures with all the kids bouncing off the walls in excitement.  This photo was no exception.)

 Jonah happily chomped away on his giraffe while the festivities were underway.....

 Here is "unicorn" opening her presents.....


WOW!

All in all, it was a fun night had by all.  I'm so glad I have two very young little sisters to enjoy while I patiently wait for my own little girl someday.  Love you, Hal.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...